If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #55307  by WPCatfish

georgie c wrote::sparring: how about this one " do you have a fire extinguiser? have you ever had to use it? is it loaded?

I bet a lot of people don't know the answer to that one...
 #55309  by myopicvisionary

Do you have a first aid kit in the house? Yes. Are you expecting an injury? No.
Do you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen? Yes. Are you expecting a grease fire? No.
Do you have a spare tire in the car? Yes. Are you expecting a blowout? No.

Do I keep a shotgun in the bedroom and a pistol on my person? Yes. Am I expecting to get in a shootout? No.

But I am prepared for the unexpected, just like you!
 #55310  by NormH3

myopicvisionary wrote:Do you have a first aid kit in the house? Yes. Are you expecting an injury? No.
Do you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen? Yes. Are you expecting a grease fire? No.

Do I keep a shotgun in the bedroom and a pistol on my person? Yes. Am I expecting to get in a shootout? No.

Can you put that on a T-Shirt?
 #55312  by bluedog46

NormH3 wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:Do you have a first aid kit in the house? Yes. Are you expecting an injury? No.

Can you put that on a T-Shirt?
Deloc t-shirt idea.

put the logo on the front chest. On the back put "Why carry a gun" and then the above quote.
 #55320  by F16WarBird

I made a similar argument to an ex-girlfriend who went ballistic when I told her I'd never get married without a pre-nup. She said "Having a pre-nup is saying you expect the marriage to fail." I told her "I have car insurance in case I have an accident, not because I think I will. A pre-nup is marriage insurance."
 #55325  by bluedog46

F16WarBird wrote:I made a similar argument to an ex-girlfriend who went ballistic when I told her I'd never get married without a pre-nup. She said "Having a pre-nup is saying you expect the marriage to fail." I told her "I have car insurance in case I have an accident, not because I think I will. A pre-nup is marriage insurance."
I agree, but for some reason it does not appear many women do.