If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #57064  by Shrek

So I was waiting in the line @ BJ's in Newark when a guy behind me says, "Excuse me but is that a Glock?" I say "Sure is." He asks me, "Do you get any grief carrying in the open." I told him "Not really. No." He then goes on to say, "I like Glocks too but I carry mine under here." He then pulled open one side of his jacket and showed me a G23 in a shoulder rig. Seemed like a nice guy, around 60 or 65 years old. I saw him again as I was leaving the parking lot. He smiled and waved.
 #57073  by myopicvisionary

More than once I have been told by waitresses "You people that carry guns are the most polite and the best tippers!".
 #57087  by bluedog46

georgie c wrote:seems like the nicest people carry :D
I believe one member said that a well armed society is a police one. Guess this proves it.
 #57090  by astro_wanabe

bluedog46 wrote:
georgie c wrote:seems like the nicest people carry :D
I believe one member said that a well armed society is a police one. Guess this proves it.
Actually it was Robert Heinlein who wrote in Beyond This Horizon, "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_This_Horizon
 #57096  by NormH3

bluedog46 wrote:
georgie c wrote: I believe one member said that a well armed society is a police one.
Freudian slip?
 #57108  by bluedog46

NormH3 wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:
georgie c wrote: I believe one member said that a well armed society is a police one.
Freudian slip?
actually I think it might have. I was multi-Tasking checking out the latest debates on the Obamacare law and thinking of a police state.
 #57114  by George

Shrek wrote:So I was waiting in the line @ BJ's in Newark when a guy behind me says, "Excuse me but is that a Glock?" I say "Sure is." He asks me, "Do you get any grief carrying in the open." I told him "Not really. No." He then goes on to say, "I like Glocks too but I carry mine under here." He then pulled open one side of his jacket and showed me a G23 in a shoulder rig. Seemed like a nice guy, around 60 or 65 years old. I saw him again as I was leaving the parking lot. He smiled and waved.
probably catch more grief because you're carrying a glock! :o :sparring:
 #57184  by photog

Sounds like you'z knows yer guns..... :lol: :lol: :lol: