If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #57650  by David

I've been around this board for a while, although I admit I don't frequent it as much as I should. In the time I've been here, I don't remember reading a single story of an LEO encounter south of Camden. Did I miss it, does nobody OC down here or are we just better accepted (just another redneck with a gun)? Someone once told me it didn't really matter that my trailer lights didn't work as long as I was in Sussex county.
 #57657  by allischalmersman

David wrote:I've been around this board for a while, although I admit I don't frequent it as much as I should. In the time I've been here, I don't remember reading a single story of an LEO encounter south of Camden. Did I miss it, does nobody OC down here or are we just better accepted (just another redneck with a gun)? Someone once told me it didn't really matter that my trailer lights didn't work as long as I was in Sussex county.
You can sell the trailer lights thing somewhere else. Whoever told you that just wants to see you get a ticket. The little towns down here love to pull you over for anything they can find. Particularly Felton. I got a $131 fine the other day for expired tags on my Fiance's car. I forgot to take it through inspection. Did so the same day. $90 for 2 years including the late fee. Expensive lesson. (I had insurance on the car). Im just glad I was driving the car and it wasn't while she was by herself.

As for the gun issue, I dont know. I have never seen anyone carrying open. I don't. I CC. Just my preference.
 #57658  by scampbell3

I have been OC'ing here is Sussex County for 2+ years. I have not had any issues or problems with LEO's or the general public.

-Chip
 #58237  by Dr. Eastwood

I have a great dislike of lower Delaware's police forces after a friend of mine got slapped with a $100 for jaywalking, at 1 in the morning, on a traffic-less street. I understand they all aren't like that, but I've seen and heard too much about the fact that many of the municipal police forces down there exist simply to provide tax revenue.