If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #5317  by Wynder

So, our three families hit the McD's on 40 in Bear to let our kids run loose -- I was half-concealing/half-open carrying and Cap called me a chicken for the half-concealing part. ;p

No real reactions that evening until just before we left. There was a table next to us with a couple in their 20's with their 1 year old baby and maybe an older teenager who took notice of Dave's firearm and passed the message around our table.

At that time I was open carrying, and then the guy asked some questions.

Him: Hey, what kind of gun is that?

Me: Springfield XD... 9mm.

Him: Nice... Are you guys cops or something?

Me: Nope. (paused as he looked a little puzzled) Just protecting our families.

Him: Oh, that's cool, so you just went through the process of getting a license.

Me: Well, in Delaware, you only need a license to conceal. So, if it's carried in the open like this, it's perfectly fine.

Him: Oh, you just have to be able to buy it?

Me: Yep, when you buy the firearm, they do a federal and state background check to see if you have any felonies, if you....

Wife: That counts you out!

Him: Yeah... these got me in trouble (held up his fists). First degree assault.

Me: Yeah, even if it was a misdemeanor, if it involved a violent crime, you'd be excluded...

We then went on to chat a bit, he said if he could carry, his preference would probably be a revolver... .357 snub. All in all, he was a nice guy and it turned out to be a good encounter.
 #5331  by dave_in_delaware

I heard you talking with them, but I was focused on finding/watching the kids play inside the plastic box. I'm glad it was a positive conversation.