If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #5321  by cappilot06

Seems Rob, Dave, and I all had encounters tonight at the same place...but all positive. I've copied here my post in my OC log. The ladies witnessed mine first hand and Carmen was about to die laughing. Here it is:

As I went back inside from the playground to collect the family, a group of about 6 young guys from about 16-18 were sitting at the corner booth in our area. The women of the group can vouche for what happened next.lol.

Initially when I walked in all conversation ceased and they stared at my pistol. After sitting down, here's how the conversation went:

Kid #1:"Hey! That's a Glock!!" (Loudly)
Kid #1: "What kind is that?"
Me: "It's a 9mm".
Kid #2:"Are you a cop?"
Me:"No I'm not"
Kid #1: "You have a permit or license"
Me: "No I don't"
Kid #3: "He doesn't need one, he's not concealing" (This about floored me coming from a kid who looked no older than 16)
Me: Your absolutely right. In the state of DE, if you are over 18 and legally allowed to own a firearm you can open-carry.

The conversation pretty much ended there. They were all actually very friendly, although I agree with Dave they had a certain "look" about them. It was actually a very good and positive experience. It was very crowded in there tonight, so I think my senses were more aware than normal but I never felt threatened in any way.
 #5332  by dave_in_delaware

Makes you wonder how much of the law kid #3 knows, perhaps he's been doing research for some reason, or for when he's "of age" to go make a purchase....