If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #317  by mustangdave

4/3/08 is when it happened.

Taco Bell was a little fun . I walk in and a bunch of employees were at the register, they weren't busy, and one saw me and had a "oh crap" look on his face. He said really quietly "Hi, how may I help..." I smiled and said "Hi, I'd like to get a #7, please". After I got my cup and fill it up I hear someone say "Hey", when I turned around it was the cashier that waited on me. The group wanted to know where I worked, I told them, the same guy asked "Then what are you doing with a gun?" "Exercising my rights" I said, a woman said "that's not a real gun, it's a bb gun", "no, it's real" I told her, she jokingly spread her arms around the employees and said really loud "Don't move!". "Well how old are you?" the all asked, "I'm 22" I tell them, someone said "Oh, we thought you were like 16, 17." I smiled and said "yeah I get that alot."

After that and it comed down, the cashier asked me about my firearm, then got my food and everyone was really polite, I loved it!

BTW if you can't tell, I'm really bad with my writing skills.
 #349  by dave_in_delaware

It's cool that they were all "friendly" about your gun, accepting, and joking and stuff.... but personally, I do NOT like having that much attention drawn to me when carrying. :shock:

I'm glad your experience was a good one though.
 #350  by Wynder

Which Taco Bell was this at?
 #353  by mustangdave

The one by IHOP.

Yeah I wasn't sure what to do in that situation, did make me just a little unfomfortable. I saw an elderly couple leaving with a concearned look on their faces.
 #666  by mustangdave

Went to Taco Bell (I think it's my 5th time there carrying), the guy took my order then:
him: What kind of gun is that?
me: Springfield XD.
him: Are you a cop or something?
me: Nope...as long as you can legally buy a gun you can carry it w/o a license as long as it's not concealed.
him: *shocked* Really - goes to get another employee and says what I'm doing is legal
her: You a cop or security guard? You just a regular citizen?
me: Nope, not a cop, I'm just a regular citizen.
her Can I see it?
me: If we were at a gun range I'd let you shoot it. I'm not taking my gun out of my holster here.
He was helping another customer, and she was asking if people give me weird looks, and about cops.
me: Haven't had a police encounter yet, but people sometimes give me weird looks.

I got my food, filled my cup and was asked about the price of bullets. Just as I'm about to leave he asks another question.

him: So, why do you carry a gun? (didn't sound in a negative way)
me: For self-defense. No one is resposible for my life except for me.

The other customer was nodding her head approving what I just said and what I'm doing.

Seems to strike up a conversation there alot.