If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #76603  by chrisleduc1

Today as I was pulling out of my driveway I was stopped in front of my house by a New Castle LEO who was coming towards me and pulled up along side of me. A neighbor had called them for a suspicious person and there was a safe robbed from a home down the street on Black Friday so everyone is a bit cautious...Anyway I had my .40 on the passenger seat in the SERPA and the LEO asked if I had ID as we sat in our cars side by side. So I put both my hands on the 10 o' clock on the steering wheel and told him that I did, however I had a firearm sitting next to me and I didn't want to scare him and how would he like me to proceed. He was very calm and said well, why dont you climb out and show me the ID. So I did. We talked face to face and he stated why he was there etc and then I was free to go. During that time 4 more patrol cars came, one LEO noticed the gun as he walked through the cars as we had walked down the street about 20 ft and our cars were blocking the road. So my ID was never run, my gun never touched. The LEO confirmed that I had carefully studied the open carry laws and said they (the LEOs) are also pretty well versed but that not everyone (referring to more than just the nccpd I think) was as well educated so I should just be careful. He was very professional and all in all I am happy with the way it was all handled.
 #76604  by David

:applause: Always good to hear a positive encounter
 #76617  by photog

Excellent encounter, handled very well by you and the NCCPD!!!

This is exactly how people come to realize that firearms owners are law abiding, knowledgable and friendly folks..... WELL DONE! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #76682  by Jonnybow

Well done on both sides. I'll bet it made you just a tad nervous when you were out of your vehicle and your weapon was on the seat inside your vehicle and the other LEO were walking around?