If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #91228  by stephpd

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
stephpd wrote:I believe they used it against one of our members when they tried to get a a CCDW.

And the Newark one has been fixed. This is the county one that hasn't been fixed since Wynder posted it at the very beginning. There have been a few folks involved with trying to get it removed over the years but nothing gets done.
I know who it was. Just trying to use a little discretion.
 #91229  by Kuntryboy816

Red Alert wrote: I thought so too. As I am not as experience or knowledgeable as most of the folks here, I was quite surprised and somewhat dissapointed of the amount of applause everyone was giving this fella. It is on the books that no firearms are to be carried in New Castle County parks. Right or wrong, if it's posted or listed it should be followed. That's were a CCW comes into play...
Yeah after seeing the ordinance Stephpd posted I was a more than a little chagrined. If I see the lady there again, I will most certainly apologize to her and discuss the matter if she's willing.
stephpd wrote:Or to get actively involved with pushing this issue again.
Making calls, email, attending NCC meetings and making your voice heard.
And the need for the county to start obeying state laws.
Because a CCDW isn't an exemption.
I'll be writing letters to representatives this weekend. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my obtaining a CCDW.
stephpd wrote:I know who it was. Just trying to use a little discretion.
Noted... post edited.
 #91233  by stephpd

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Noted... post edited.

It's there for those interested in searching. Without bringing to to the forefront.
Just more to inform folks that it can and has been used by the AG to deny folks a CCDW.
 #91248  by spillanej

When tax time comes ill have enough money to get my ccdw. Until then my daughter still loves the many private parks my landlord owns.
 #91259  by harr2969

Red Alert wrote:
stephpd wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:Taken from my OC Log

It is on the books that no firearms are to be carried in New Castle County parks. Right or wrong, if it's posted or listed it should be followed. That's were a CCW comes into play...
I would state this a little different personally. If it's illegal in the face of the state law, which it clearly is - then we need to use our judgement to determine if we're ready to deal with the potential consequences of ignorant LEO's. I don't think personally that I would follow a law that is illegal.

I have just written to the councilman, referenced in the link related to this law on the front page of deloc.org, and I'll follow up with him. Anyone know when the ncc council meets? I'm ready to visit with them and it would be great if lots of us can go.

Also, Kuntryboy816, If you happen to see the lady again, my suggestion would be a focus on the illegality of the law based on the state preemption, rather than a mea culpa on its existence.
 #91268  by stephpd

harr2969 wrote:
Also, Kuntryboy816, If you happen to see the lady again, my suggestion would be a focus on the illegality of the law based on the state preemption, rather than a mea culpa on its existence.
IDK. Admitting you were wrong is a sign of strong character, IMHO.

Or would you prefer more like Obama and his 'red line' and credibility statements?

Only an obstinate person won't admit their mistakes.
 #91269  by Guard_Duck

A mea culpa, then discussion about the law would be the best, IMHO. Anyone can talk about how something is wrong, takes a bigger person to admit mistakes.
 #91274  by harr2969

Guard_Duck wrote:A mea culpa, then discussion about the law would be the best, IMHO. Anyone can talk about how something is wrong, takes a bigger person to admit mistakes.
Agreed, I should have emphasized that I meant to avoid a 'focus' on the mistake, I'd rather have a focus on the bad law after that as has been alluded.
 #91275  by harr2969

stephpd wrote:
That's not true! :-P
 #91283  by stephpd

harr2969 wrote:
stephpd wrote:
That's not true! :-P
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: