Login    
   
   
    Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm
Posts: 1611
Location: Newark DE
I was wrong and I will most certainly apologize for that. Even if I was wrong only to a certain extent, I was still wrong. Too many people these days think they do nothing wrong or try to rationalize it to appease their own conscience. I try very hard not to be one of them as much as possible.



....unless it's my wife or my brothers. Then I'm NEVER wrong! :troll:

_________________
Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Newark
Whoa!!! I know you and the "little elf" you know me too!

_________________
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Delaware CCDW


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm
Posts: 1611
Location: Newark DE
Do tell... How do we know each other? You've piqued my curiosity!

_________________
Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 4133
Location: Pencader Hundred
Kuntryboy816 wrote:
I was wrong and I will most certainly apologize for that. Even if I was wrong only to a certain extent, I was still wrong.
Just because it appears "on the books" does not mean it's there legally, or even enforceable. Personally, I believe the reason they have not taken any steps to correct their mistake is in order to intimidate people. We are supposed to be a nation governed by the rule of law and are not to be ruled by those that ignore the law themselves and seek to impose their own rules on others.

Personally, I would not apologize. The NCC parks gun ban is not valid and not enforceable. And, anyone that knows the facts and tries to intimidate others into obeying an unjust law is not worthy of respect.

However, I would attempt to enlighten those that don't know the facts and are willing to listen. Chances are though, the woman you encountered is just anti-gun and wouldn't be willing to hear the truth, no matter what.

_________________
-Boots
Have Gun—Will Travel

Si vis pacem, para bellum


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
Founding Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 4655
Location: Claymont.DE
Boots wrote:

Personally, I would not apologize. The NCC parks gun ban is not valid and not enforceable. And, anyone that knows the facts and tries to intimidate others into obeying an unjust law is not worthy of respect.



Ask folks like Dave if it's enforceable. It has been used to deny people of a CCDW, by a judge, as a reason not to permit a license. Even though no ticket was ever written it was in his record and used against him.

Once that happens then you can't honestly check off on any concealed carry application that you've never been denied a license. Thus possibly haunting you even further.

_________________
"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein
What a shame that we have the two major political parties that believe the former.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 4133
Location: Pencader Hundred
stephpd wrote:
... Ask folks like Dave if it's enforceable. It has been used to deny people of a CCDW, by a judge, as a reason not to permit a license. Even though no ticket was ever written it was in his record and used against him.
I don't believe it was as simple as you say.

First, it wasn't enforced; no arrest, and probably no record was made at this time.

Secondly, there were other issues involved. Namely, he made the complaint about the police department and documented what happened. Also, there was an ex-wife that was against him, and some statements he made involving the teaching of his kids about gun safety which is guaranteed to drive an anti- a bit crazy. And, no doubt the judge paid close attention to what the PD had to say about the application.

IMHO, he didn't do anything wrong but the powers-that-be are probably looking for ways to deny an application. They need at least a few denials to show they're "doin' their job" and unfortunately he was caught up in this. Being involved with an open carry site probably wasn't mentioned at the hearing but no doubt was on their list.

Unfortunately, had he not complained about the PD and documented the problem concerning the illegal law he wouldn't have been classified (in their eyes) as a troublemaker and would have gotten his license. As a child we learn that sometimes the world is not fair; I think this is one of those times.

_________________
-Boots
Have Gun—Will Travel

Si vis pacem, para bellum


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm
Posts: 1611
Location: Newark DE
Boots wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:
....However, I would attempt to enlighten those that don't know the facts and are willing to listen. Chances are though, the woman you encountered is just anti-gun and wouldn't be willing to hear the truth, no matter what.


I don't know that she was an ANTI or not. I believe she was tyring to educate me and due to my ignorance of the NCC law I wasn't understanding what she was trying to convey. I do know that she was obstinate and upset and did not want to have a discussion, only to tell me that I was wrong. She actually knows a long-term and well respected member of this forum and spoke with him after our encounter to discuss the matter. I will not go into detail but I was contacted by that member afterwards Some very serious and completely false accusations were made that have absolutely eroded any respect I had for the lady I encountered. Not that I would know her if I saw her again but it will take great effort on my behalf to remain civil to her if I did.

_________________
Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 4133
Location: Pencader Hundred
Kuntryboy816 wrote:
... my ignorance of the NCC law ....
One final comment: IMHO, it's not a valid 'law' if it was put in the code illegally. I hope that through this 'long-term and well respected member of this forum' she now understands that her so-called law is invalid and unenforceable.

_________________
-Boots
Have Gun—Will Travel

Si vis pacem, para bellum


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:49 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Newark
Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but I've decided I'm going to contact my county rep about this. I wonder if it also makes sense to copy the Council President, Gordon, the County Police Chief and the AG's office. Thoughts?

_________________
"Watch this!"
-anonymous Darwin Award Nominee


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Glasgow Park trip
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 3176
Location: Newark, Delaware
I believe others have done that with no success.

I will note that I am aware of at least one person that regularly open carries at the Glasgow Park while with his young daughter.


 Profile  


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group