If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #91873  by Fishhunter911

So out of the blue today, I had two fine youths in a PT Cruiser that looked like it had been through WWIII intentionally try to run me off the road twice on the way to work this morning. Happened on RT 13 just passed the 295 exit. The young upstanding gentlemen in the passenger seat was hanging out the window yelling God knows what while the young lady driving was aiming for my front fender. I waved and smiled at them, which seemed to anger this young man even more.

I seem to have made a new friend!! I passed the info on to my other friends at 911 and I hope they get to meet these fine upstanding citizens and can give them new jewelry!!

I know I handled the situation properly by not retaliating, but had they actually hit me and disabled my vehicle, I was ready to protect myself if any further action was taken by the offenders. I was running the scenario through my head as this was all happening.

I am very happy it did not come to that.
 #91880  by Kuntryboy816

:applause:

Glad it didn't come to a physical altercation or escalated confrontation. Great job keeping your presence of mind and handling the situation properly.
 #91885  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote::applause:

Glad it didn't come to a physical altercation or escalated confrontation. Great job keeping your presence of mind and handling the situation properly.
+1 to that! Also, good that you were not hurt.
 #91898  by TexasJay

:applause:
Well done. I had a similar situation which ended in a physical altercation after a road rage incident (I didn't k ow about OC at that point). The police found the idiots exactly where the situation began. Hopefully our friends in blue (or grey as it may be) can find them and give them some shiny silver bracelets.
 #91904  by Fishhunter911

Thanks all! So far no word on if they have done anything. I was wide eyed looking for them this morning to avoid them should they try round 2.
 #91907  by Deast

This is one of the reasons I have a dash cam in my car. 1080p with good night vision. With a 32g memory card, it holds about 4 hours of video. If I drop it to 720p, I get over 7 hours.
 #92146  by spillanej

Fishhunter911 wrote:So out of the blue today, I had two fine youths in a PT Cruiser that looked like it had been through WWIII intentionally try to run me off the road twice on the way to work this morning. Happened on RT 13 just passed the 295 exit. The young upstanding gentlemen in the passenger seat was hanging out the window yelling God knows what while the young lady driving was aiming for my front fender. I waved and smiled at them, which seemed to anger this young man even more.

I seem to have made a new friend!! I passed the info on to my other friends at 911 and I hope they get to meet these fine upstanding citizens and can give them new jewelry!!

I know I handled the situation properly by not retaliating, but had they actually hit me and disabled my vehicle, I was ready to protect myself if any further action was taken by the offenders. I was running the scenario through my head as this was all happening.

I am very happy it did not come to that.

Not a lawyer.

Next time slam on your brake as they come toward you. if an imminent threat exist.. for example a shooter in the car, after you slam on the brake, floor the accelerator and steer forward and towards them slightly. impact them in the rear fender just behind the wheel and steer towards them accelerating. As soon as your car breaks contact with theirs get out of there and call 911.
 #92147  by spillanej

Deast wrote:This is one of the reasons I have a dash cam in my car. 1080p with good night vision. With a 32g memory card, it holds about 4 hours of video. If I drop it to 720p, I get over 7 hours.
You as well, DPI is what really matters, not resolution.