If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #93833  by Kuntryboy816

LazyFeralCat wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:We waited for DSP to arrive (~20 mins later).
This must be why you guys carry, and why I'm glad you do.
Exactly! There's a quote on here someone has in their signature... I have quoted it to people more than once.

"When seconds count the police are only minutes away."
 #93835  by spillanej

LazyFeralCat wrote:
She called once the threat ran away. It's no longer an emergency. That's why they said to call back immediately if anything changed.

Remember... even when calling 911 for a fire.. you think the fire might have a gun. Then it's always an emergency.
 #93843  by Kuntryboy816

spillanej wrote:She called once the threat ran away. It's no longer an emergency. That's why they said to call back immediately if anything changed.
All she saw was that he left her field of view. There was no way of telling if he was staging for another intercept.... possibly the last one. There was no way of telling if he was still playing "cat & mouse" and he intended to come back. Regardless of your view or that of LEO it is still an emergency. This type of lackadaisical attitude is the reason why some preventable crimes are allowed to occur. This is why we take our own safety and defense in to our own hands instead of relying on a timely response from LEO.

spillanej wrote:Remember... even when calling 911 for a fire.. you think the fire might have a gun. Then it's always an emergency.
Wut you talking about Willis?? Please try and make some clear and concise sense when you post. I'd like to hear you tell a 911 dispatcher that "the fire has a gun." Make sure and tell the DEA and the social worker that shows up what color straight jacket you prefer. Just don't mention the voices you hear in your head...... not a good choice. Matter of fact, I may be one of those voices.... :troll:
 #93845  by spillanej

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
spillanej wrote:She called once the threat ran away. It's no longer an emergency. That's why they said to call back immediately if anything changed.
All she saw was that he left her field of view. There was no way of telling if he was staging for another intercept.... possibly the last one. There was no way of telling if he was still playing "cat & mouse" and he intended to come back. Regardless of your view or that of LEO it is still an emergency. This type of lackadaisical attitude is the reason why some preventable crimes are allowed to occur. This is why we take our own safety and defense in to our own hands instead of relying on a timely response from LEO.

spillanej wrote:Remember... even when calling 911 for a fire.. you think the fire might have a gun. Then it's always an emergency.
Wut you talking about Willis?? Please try and make some clear and concise sense when you post. I'd like to hear you tell a 911 dispatcher that "the fire has a gun." Make sure and tell the DEA and the social worker that shows up what color straight jacket you prefer. Just don't mention the voices you hear in your head...... not a good choice. Matter of fact, I may be one of those voices.... :troll:
I wasn't agreeing with them. Just explaining the way it happens.

And my point is always sound scared, always beg for help. The call taker is human... They will immediately dispatch officers to you.
 #94938  by Dugan

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
LazyFeralCat wrote:
Exactly! There's a quote on here someone has in their signature... I have quoted it to people more than once.

"When seconds count the police are only minutes away."

It was a guys sig on garage journal... saw it right after i read this post hahahahaha..ironic