If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #93793  by Kuntryboy816

I just want to remind everyone to be safe when out and about. Situational awareness is essential!! The bad guys don't take holidays and we can't afford to be distracted by the hustle and bustle.

Tonight around 21:30, my wife (Dawn) ran up to the Wawa to grab a bag of pretzels to make her pretzel salad. As she was driving through the neighborhood, she passed a vehicle that was half parked on the side of the road. Immediately after passing it the vehicle whipped out behind her and followed her up to the Wawa. Dawn noticed it but didn't really pay it much mind....at first. She went in and bought her items and then exited Wawa. At that point, she noticed the same silver/white, late model sedan, NY tagged vehicle parked a few spots from her car with a lone, young black male wearing a dark colored hoodie behind the wheel (beat that News Urinal). She got to her car but the other vehicle pulled out before her and drove around the back of Wawa. She pulled around the front of Wawa to head out towards the FoodLion. She spotted the vehicle again stopped in front of the Dollar Store. When she turned right the vehicle again immediately pulled out behind her. When she got to the end of the driveway to turn left back towards our house the vehicle continued to follow. She came 3 streets down and made a uturn to see if the guy was really following her. The second he made the uturn she called 911. He followed her again up to the Wawa. Not willing to stop, she circled back again to the Food Lion parking lot. When she passed him she made eye contact and he saw her on the phone he took off. The dispatcher told her to stay in the parking lot until LEO arrived but if the guy stopped or tried to approach the vehicle to immediately call back. She stopped (not parked) in the Food Lion parking lot and called me. I met her about 2 mins later with 31 Christmas gifts ready to be sent down this guys chimney. We waited for DSP to arrive (~20 mins later). Dawn gave him the rundown and info that she could remember. We talked for a few mins and I stated that maybe this incident would convince her to carry her own sidearm. The officer agreed and stated that he was glad I came prepared but that she should be also. He was also impressed when Dawn told him that we had discussed and trained for situations such as this. He reassured her that she did everything right and that he was assured that she was in good hands with me following her home. He also said he would cruise the area to keep an eye out for the vehicle. We thanked him and wished him a Merry Christmas and left for home.

I'm proud of her! She kept her calm, didn't panic, kept her SA, verified a possible threat and took the appropriate actions. She stayed in a well lit area with lots of people around. She even had my number at the ready in case she was confronted when she made the uturn. She was also prepared to drive to Troop 2 if the situation escalated and LEO hadn't shown up. This is why we do what we do! This is why we prepare and train to defend ourselves. Hopefully this will also finally push her to decide she needs to carry as well.

Be safe out there and tell your family you love them every chance you get.
 #93798  by soundman2345

I'm so glad Dawn kept a level head. I'll show this to Lois and hopefully she'll become more active with me. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
 #93800  by photog

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Excellent situational awareness and a cool, level head... Great job, both of you!
 #93802  by Kuntryboy816

I won't lie, my instinctual reaction was I wanted to track this guy down and "ask him a few questions!" But being armed and as much as I wanted to, I was not going to initiate a confrontation. Plus that would've meant leaving Dawn alone again.

After we got back home she also made a comment that shocked me a bit. She knew that if she came home, with him following her, that I was there with an armed response but so also was her mom and the kids. When she made the uturn it was also b/c she didn't want the guy following her to the house and knowing where we live or possibly putting the others in danger. She wasn't worried bout me. :roll:

I told her she should've dang well brought him to me but that was just my "muy macho, me He-man" protective side talking. I told her she did the right thing. Man I love this woman! :D
 #93803  by Kuntryboy816

viper98 wrote:glad to see she was unharmed.....
Thank you sir. I'm hoping you'll be meeting Dawn soon! :D
 #93806  by Kuntryboy816

HoBoJoe wrote:Was this the wawa on the corner of 72/4?
No, the one on corner of Salem Church and Rt. 40
 #93814  by brich2929

I'll be sharing with my Dawn also.

:applause: :applause: