If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #102594  by ptlion

My wife works at the Boscovs in Christiana. I've OC'd every time I went to see her at work. Today, I came in (carrying) and she told me that Security came to her to ask if I was a cop which she said no. She was told to tell me not to carry my gun in anymore. Interesting thing is, I stood there with her for another half hour or so and no security came over to say anything. I just think it's pretty lame that they couldn't come say something to me directly!!! :sparring:
 #102602  by Owen

I wonder if it counts as being legally "notified" if security told your wife to tell you not to carry there? If you carry again could they call the cops and say you were warned? I would think that they need to tell you directly.

She could say she told you, but you "just don't listen to her"... :troll:

But then security could make trouble for your wife and her job. That's a tough one.
 #102606  by ptlion

yeah it's a tough one....I still think it's pretty lame that they couldn't tell me themselves. Makes you wonder how they handle shoplifters. (Over the intercom)"To the guy who just stole something...please call the cops on yourself..thank you"
 #102607  by Owen

ptlion wrote:yeah it's a tough one....I still think it's pretty lame that they couldn't tell me themselves. Makes you wonder how they handle shoplifters. (Over the intercom)"To the guy who just stole something...please call the cops on yourself..thank you"
:lol:
 #102609  by Dugan

is your wife of a position to be able to enforce those rules? There is mall security for a reason, it is not her position to be a messenger...

Maybe thats securities idea... the messenger always gets shot right? haaha :troll:
 #102610  by ptlion

No, not really. She works at one of the makeup counters
 #102612  by ptlion

I emailed their corporate headquarters for clarification on their policy. I'll let ya'll know what response I get. :troll:
 #102639  by ptlion

Here's the response I got from Boscov's :

Pat Evans
To
me
CC
Customer Service General (custservgeneral@boscovs.com) Caitlin A. Calvaresi
Today at 1:45 PM

Ricky,

We would like to thank you for your email regarding your questions and concerns in reference to open carrying your handgun in our store. Let me assure you that we are aware of the Delaware State law that provides you the liberty of open carrying your hand gun and we respect your rights under the law. In many instances, customers and our co-workers become nervous as to intent. Concealed carry practices do not. We wound kindly ask that you help us promote calm in our stores by concealed carry rather than open carry. Once again, thank you for contacting us regarding this matter and thank you for being a loyal Boscov’s customer.

Best regards,

Patrick Evans

Vice President of Customer Relations

Boscov’s Department Stores, LLC | 3135 Marion Avenue | Reading Pa. 19605

(: 610-939-1805 | 7: 610-929-7353 | *: PEvans@boscovs.com
 #102640  by Owen

So he's "aware" of Delaware "open carry laws" that don't exist but he's not aware of Delaware concealed carry laws which do? Maybe it's because concealed carry is so much easier to get in PA? :roll:

I'd reply with Amy's response [paraphrased]: "Did you just ask me to commit a felony?" :troll: