If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #106983  by Pjd832

every time I've been to cabelas I've seen people taking pics....and people buying high points....as well as people buying multiple jugs of gun powder.... :o :o :o ....all of which is suspicious....who should i report it to?...do you have a tipline? :roll: lol
 #106984  by David

rosco87 wrote:You know reading these past comments a lot of them sound like the neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorists! They noticed something but they didn't say anything because they didn't want to be labeled racist! If you see something or someone suspicious report it! Whether the person is black white blue purple or green! Imagine if something would have happened at cabelas on Black Friday or anywhere for that matter and no one said anything about people taking pics of security cam locations, or buyin items for possible IED's!

Got a better idea. You mind your business and I'll mind mine.
 #106985  by NCC

David wrote:Got a better idea. You mind your business and I'll mind mine.
PRIVACY? IN AMERICA? Perish the thought!
 #106999  by GatorDude

I didn't realize anyone had an expectation of privacy in a public place.
 #107007  by NCC

Only use a old flip phone w/o GPS.
Always wear nondescript clothes.
Always wear a DIFFERENT hat and sunglasses.

Just because I am a conspiracy nut does not mean there are no conspiracies.

The government IS watching and tracking you.

This is not my grandfather's America.

In closing, have a safe and happy holiday season!
 #107024  by dave_in_delaware

I thought the same thing 7 years ago when I drove past two young adults (wearing hoodies) walking down the sidewalk. They seemed like they were minding their own business. Little did I know that by the time they passed my house slightly (where I was zipping up my backpack in my driveway at the passenger side of my van), they had decided to make "robbing me at gunpoint" their new business.

Long story short, most people on this forum know the outcome of this incident.

So please don't tell me that "minding your own business while others mind theirs" always works. Because it doesn't.

We all must always stay vigilant, stay armed, stay alert, and never assuming anything.
 #107027  by David

dave_in_delaware wrote:
I thought the same thing 7 years ago when I drove past two young adults (wearing hoodies) walking down the sidewalk. They seemed like they were minding their own business. Little did I know that by the time they passed my house slightly (where I was zipping up my backpack in my driveway at the passenger side of my van), they had decided to make "robbing me at gunpoint" their new business.

Long story short, most people on this forum know the outcome of this incident.

So please don't tell me that "minding your own business while others mind theirs" always works. Because it doesn't.

We all must always stay vigilant, stay armed, stay alert, and never assuming anything.
Scenario 1 - Two young adults walking down the sidewalk in hoodies. Nothing illegal. I keep an eye on them. They do what they are going to do, be it walk on by or rob me at gunpoint. If I'm attacked I defend myself.

Scenario 2 - Two young adults walking down the sidewalk in hoodies. Nothing illegal, but maybe suspicious. I call the police and report them. Cops swing by and ask them a few questions, maybe a pat down, who knows. Maybe I stopped a crime, maybe I just called the cops on a legal carrier who was minding his own damn business walking down the street.

This BS of see something say something turns everyone into a detective, with little to no training and, most often, even less knowledge of legal/illegal. Taking pictures in Cabelas is not any more illegal than buying a new AR with 2000 rounds of ammunition or open carrying a firearm yet to some all are suspicious. Throw in typical racist stereotypes and boom - OMG, its a terrorist.

Look, I'm all for diligence, vigilance, etc. But this country has been completely brainwashed to assume there is some damn terrorist around every corner and more on the way. We've been trained to accept the fact that everyone is a suspect and that its our duty to report them. If we're not watching everyone 24/7 we're all going to die. Its BS.
 #107029  by 2xTony

Reading some of the comments on a site like the huffington post i think most americans are being brain washed into believeing nothing bad can ever happen to anyone. And being prepared, keeping your eyes open and even being armed makes you a paranoid gun nut. Its a shame a big chunk of society feels like we like in mr rogers neighborhood
 #107031  by GatorDude

David: I would think there's a "happy" medium somewhere regarding reporting suspicious behavior. More importantly, just because a random citizen reports what they think is "suspicious" doesn't mean law enforcement is required to respond. After all, they can simply conclude that there is nothing out of the ordinary actually occurring.

To your example: Citizen reports man walking down street with firearm in holster in plain view while walking his dog. Do the police really need to respond? Do they really need to investigate? Would they?