Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108737  by airman1968

So, here is my question. I have been a Delaware resident since January of this year. I want to apply for my conceal carry. I currently have Utah, Florida & Arizona non resident permits. I have 5 sussex county references for which 4 of them i have known for over 10 years and 1 I have known for about 8 months. Is it worth me applying at this time or does anyone see an issue with the time frames.

Thanks
 #108761  by josephjanes

Suggest an extra (6th) reference , just in case, there's a problem with any of them. I personally got my neighbor on either side of me, which serves as notice there are guns in your house, in case they have kids, and my boss, so she would know I was going to carry at work, even though it's against company policy ( I'm a pharmacist). Then keep copies of EVERYTHING you turn in to state. If you expect no problems, you may want to go ahead and take course (state suggests waiting until you get their approval first), then turn everything in at one time. If they still publish "The Guide" downstate, check rates for that and Delaware State News, and if either (or both, but only one required) are acceptable to Prothonatary. Rate for Wilmington News Journal is approx. $95, I'm told.
As far as timeframes, proceed. See no problem with 8-month reference. Should be balanced by 4 X 10-year references.
 #108762  by NCC

You only need 5 references.
 #108763  by Boots

josephjanes wrote:... (state suggests waiting until you get their approval first), ....
Where did you hear this?

I would recommend taking the CCDW course even if you plan only to OC.
 #108770  by Owen

Boots wrote:Where did you hear this?

I would recommend taking the CCDW course even if you plan only to OC.
That would be my recommendation too.