Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108801  by adrianspeeder

Being alerted tonight to fly to Haiti, so Heather and I went out for dinner.

I've probably eaten there 50 times in the last 10 years, always outside of the bar area, and never had a problem. Tonight I was first approached by a manager asking if I had a permit. He left after I said no, and about 5 minutes later returned after speaking with a regional manager. Allegedly Applebee's policy is no weapons allowed other than law enforcement. He then placed a respectful offer that I could continue my meal if I secured the Kimber outside in the truck. I declined, and offered to pay for Heather's food with a box, as I wasn't going to buy my plate. Hit up the Chick-fil-A on the way home, and now it's time for a nap before the fun of disaster relief.

I'm not sure anymore, but I think we even had a downstate OC meeting there once.

Oh well.

Adrianspeeder
 #108824  by Kuntryboy816

Jeeze-a-loo! Yet another anti establishment! Manager, "...permit.. yada yada yada?" He probably had no idea what he was talking about which in turn probably made his explanation to the regional manager (if he actually called them) that more atrocious! Any plans on emailing their corp offices about the situation?
 #108863  by airman1968

Mirlen wrote:Safe travels and thank you for your service sir!
My question is. If you were conceal carrying would you have still patronized them? who would have known you were carrying? This is a question I have asked myself many times..
 #108867  by dave_in_delaware

We've had meetings at different Applebee's without incident.

Unfortunately, sometimes you'll get a manager who is either anti-gun, or (maybe more likely) confuses EMPLOYEE policy with general restaurant/patron rules.

Either way, once asked to leave you should comply. Then choose whether to patronize the establishment again or not.