If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #108902  by airman1968

I have almost all my information ready to apply for my ccw, I will be taking my gun course on Saturday. My question is . Can I get my fingerprinting done anytime before I file all the paperwork or is that scheduled later. I believe I need that done before I file. Yes or no.

Thanks
 #108903  by soundman2345

Needs to be done before and the receipt submitted with your paperwork. You need to submit originals of everything and also a copy of everything. Make sure you keep a copy of everything for your own records.
 #108907  by airman1968

Thanks for the info...
 #108908  by GatorDude

Sometimes it is a bit difficult to get an appointment, so call early to get a slot.
 #108910  by Amy Blackthorn

If you can't get an appointment in the time desired you can drive to Dover and wait in the will call area of the bureau for finger printing. I've had to do it this way three times now. Never waited longer than a half hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #108930  by josephjanes

If you're active duty, reserve, or retired, would Air Force Security Forces or civilian Air Force Police do this for you at Dover AFB, hopefully for free, and would it be acceptable to Kent County Prothonotary? If Air Force will do it ( I'm presuming from your handle), might even be worth an e-mail request to the resident judge for Kent County, to save the $69 or so State Police charge.
 #108931  by GatorDude

I do not think so. I think the fingerprinting starts the background check. That has to be done through the DE State Police (SBI).
 #108933  by airman1968

josephjanes wrote:If you're active duty, reserve, or retired, would Air Force Security Forces or civilian Air Force Police do this for you at Dover AFB, hopefully for free, and would it be acceptable to Kent County Prothonotary? If Air Force will do it ( I'm presuming from your handle), might even be worth an e-mail request to the resident judge for Kent County, to save the $69 or so State Police charge.
Air Force Veteran, but i had the fingerprinting done in Georgetown so I am all set. Thanks for the thought.