Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109008  by airman1968

Getting ready to send in my application next week. I have been reading some of the denials and it is a bit unnerving to see. In a 50 year driving career having one accident 25 years ago and one speeding ticket 28 years ago with nothing else on my record. it still makes you wonder how they will look at that. No issues with anything else so background check will be fine, i've had that done several times. Guess i'll have to see.
 #109009  by astro_wanabe

I had a crash and a couple tickets over a few years preceding my application and was approved. Driving related denials usually seem to be due to a history of repeated violations (especially for the same offense), failing to pay fines or skipping court, DUI's, etc. that show a propensity for habitual bad decision making or ignoring the law. A single ticket and crash well over two decades ago will likely have no impact on your application (unless it involved vehicular manslaughter or something).
 #109010  by airman1968

astro_wanabe wrote:I had a crash and a couple tickets over a few years preceding my application and was approved. Driving related denials usually seem to be due to a history of repeated violations (especially for the same offense), failing to pay fines or skipping court, DUI's, etc. that show a propensity for habitual bad decision making or ignoring the law. A single ticket and crash well over two decades ago will likely have no impact on your application (unless it involved vehicular manslaughter or something).
Good to hear. The accident was someone who rear ended me. had to take my then 12 yr.old son to ER just in case. Thanks for the info.
 #109011  by whatevah

astro_wanabe is spot on. Unless you've had a pattern of accidents and speeding tickets or worse (reckless, evading, etc) then your driving record shouldn't be a concern. Don't worry about that, you'll have the cleanest record in the batch before the judge. :)