Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #104336  by soundman2345

Always happening. Every Monday evening and 2nd & 4th Wednesday. Starts at 6:00, but arrive at 5:15 to 5:30 to qualify if you haven't shot before. Wednesdays are geared more towards newbies so I would start there. C'mon out and join the fun!
 #106801  by Chizult

Bumping this thread...

Looking to bring some newbs to action pistol on the 23rd. I'll be sure the have them there at around 5:15-5:20 for testing. I wanted to see if that was a carbine night or not, I can never remember. Thanks...hope to see some of you there.
 #106802  by Kuntryboy816

If you check the AP calendar, the Wed shoots are the same as the previous Monday night shoot. Even on carbine nights there's usually 2 scenarios that are pistol and the last one being carbines. You can still shoot a pistol during the carbine scenario too! :D
 #106804  by Chizult

Kuntryboy816 wrote:If you check the AP calendar, the Wed shoots are the same as the previous Monday night shoot. Even on carbine nights there's usually 2 scenarios that are pistol and the last one being carbines. You can still shoot a pistol during the carbine scenario too! :D
Great! Now...errr...where's the calendar? :)

ETA...Ahhh, nevermind, I see it. For others:

http://dspclub.org/public/calendar/acti ... rmat~html/

So I see carbine listed for the 21st, I'll be packing the long gun I suppose.
 #109040  by richie77

I've been meaning to check this place out. I mostly go to Omalanden but I would really like to try shooting in a more tactical manor rather than just shoot strait down range. Its near my place of employment so I could check it out after work. Whats the over all vibe like there? Is it mostly member? Are walk ins welcome or looked down on? I also am kind of interested in some of the league's too. Do any of you participate in any of those?
 #109043  by astro_wanabe

richie77 wrote:I've been meaning to check this place out. I mostly go to Omalanden but I would really like to try shooting in a more tactical manor rather than just shoot strait down range. Its near my place of employment so I could check it out after work. Whats the over all vibe like there? Is it mostly member? Are walk ins welcome or looked down on? I also am kind of interested in some of the league's too. Do any of you participate in any of those?
Thankfully it's pretty close to my new employment as well. The overall vibe is strict on the 180 rule but otherwise laid back. Walk ins seem perfectly fine however you will need to arrive early (5:30 instead of the usual start time of 6 is recommended) so you can show the RO that you are capable of loading, holstering, drawing, firing and hitting a certain percentage on a piece of paper from about 7 yards, clearing, and reholstering all in a safe manner (biggest thing is to never, ever, cover yourself or anyone else with the muzzle). There's a decent portion of both club members and non-members (I am not a member myself). There is a price difference - I think $3 for members and $5 for non-members. No idea what the leagues are like.

The guy that runs AP nights and several of the regulars actually are or have been members here.
 #109044  by astro_wanabe

whatevah wrote:I assume carbine is for 9mm or .22 rifles?
From their Range Rules:
The only allowable center fire ammunition consists of any standard handgun
caliber fired in a hand gun or rifle with a maximum velocity of 1500 feet per
second. All .22 caliber or smaller rim fire ammunition is allowed and not subject
to the above velocity restriction.

Black powder, shot shells, steel core , incendiary rounds, or paint balls are
prohibited.
Basically anything that fits that bill. Handgun cartridge chambered carbines and 22lr carbines are almost all you'll see, but I heard one member managed to load some unusually large rifle cartridge with such a low-performing powder load it actually met the speed restriction. It's also permitted to just use your handgun on the carbine course but you need to really pay attention to your aim to keep your shots within the bullet trap.
 #109045  by Owen

Everything said about AP so far is correct. It's a pretty even split of members and non-members. We've had carbines in .40 and .45 also. Subsonic 300BLK is my preference. :D

I'll be there tonight! :pbjtime:
 #109074  by soundman2345

Finally got back there after shoulder surgery in July. Boy, it felt great to be back! :D