Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109041  by whatevah

Anthony Delcollo has won the state senate race for district 7. Only got 206 votes more than the incumbent Democrat, but he's got it. He's a lawyer and from his website... "Anthony is a Delaware State Sportsmen’s Association director, Delaware Rail Splitters executive committee member and a founding member of the Delaware Association of Second Amendment Lawyers."

This is great for us to have another friendly voice in Dover. Congrats!
 #109046  by Owen

That's great news! :applause:

I've met Anthony and he is an awesome articulate supporter of our gun rights!
 #109048  by josephjanes

And he replaces Democrat Patti Blevins, Senate Majority Leader. My 9th District Sen. Karen Peterson (Dem.) was replaced by Dem. John Walsh. According to News Journal article, Republicans gained 1 seat in State Senate, so count is now Dem's #11, Rep.'s #10. Maybe we'll be able to get something done to reverse Universal Background Checks and up to 25-day hold for NICS-approval on transfer of firearms in Delaware. Although I doubt it with John Carney as Governor. I expect he would veto any pro-gun (pro-honest citizen) law.
 #109051  by GatorDude

I'm not sure if "universal background checks" will ever be reversed here. However, the landscape change in the Senate may make it unlikely that any NEW restrictions will be enacted. Even that will be a pleasant outcome....
 #109055  by Sinker

Great news for sure! I don't know the statistics, but it seems pretty rare for a Republican to beat an incumbent Democrat in Delaware.

I'm also in Senate District 9, and wonder why the Republican party didn't even field a candidate in the open spot.
 #109056  by NCC

They were waiting for someone like you to approach them to run in that district. And you didn't.

I once considered running for the representative position in my district and when i approached the Republican Party in DE they were willing to pay all registration fees if I did. ~$800 if I remember correctly.
 #109068  by MrCoolDale

Now, we need to get him on board with the new Hearing Protection Act being pushed by the ASA (American Silencer Association) to get suppressors out of NFA. At minimum, I'd like to see some changes to allow suppressors in Delaware; maybe legalize them for hunting use could be the first step as other states have done.
 #109069  by astro_wanabe

MrCoolDale wrote:Now, we need to get him on board with the new Hearing Protection Act being pushed by the ASA (American Silencer Association) to get suppressors out of NFA. At minimum, I'd like to see some changes to allow suppressors in Delaware; maybe legalize them for hunting use could be the first step as other states have done.
+1 on the HPA at the Fed level, although a state senator doesn't really have much to do with that.

At the state level they'd have to be legal to own before being legal to use for hunting. The ASA does work at the state level as well as federal and have made "no state left behind" type messages recently, so it looks like a good chunk of their state level efforts will be on legalization in ban states.