You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #109669  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:Buxom beauty with a gun... Young man displayed cool, quick thinking when suddenly confronted with his personal unicorn!
:applause:
"I know! I'll woo her with the art of dance."
 #109675  by Amy Blackthorn

I walked into the Acme tonight and everyone was talking about the kidnapping rapist. Acme employees weren't allowed outside without a buddy.

B "I'm going home."

R: "I'll be your buddy if you can wait a minute."
B: "Look, Amy's here. She'll walk me out. (Looks for my OC'd XD). You, okaaay?"

Me: "Yes ma'am."

B: "Amy's always carrying, she's got my back."

M:"Yeah, I used to get people coming up here all the time, 'there's a lady walking around with a big gun!' Well she's legally allowed."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #109676  by CorBon

Amy Blackthorn wrote:I walked into the Acme tonight and everyone was talking about the kidnapping rapist. Acme employees weren't allowed outside without a buddy.
It's sad how the waves of preparedness come and go. I mean, last week, I'm sure that Acme would have thought that it was perfectly safe and acceptable to have one eighteen-year-old out there collecting carts at 10:00 PM. And sadly, next week they'll be back to thinking the same thing.
 #109678  by Amy Blackthorn

CorBon wrote:
Amy Blackthorn wrote:I walked into the Acme tonight and everyone was talking about the kidnapping rapist. Acme employees weren't allowed outside without a buddy.
It's sad how the waves of preparedness come and go. I mean, last week, I'm sure that Acme would have thought that it was perfectly safe and acceptable to have one eighteen-year-old out there collecting carts at 10:00 PM. And sadly, next week they'll be back to thinking the same thing.
He's 16. [emoji45]
 #109682  by CorBon

Safeway tends to send young, small girls out to round up the carts. Despite the store name, isn't located in the safest shopping center. I don't know, maybe I'm just being overprotective of some of these folks who are probably too naive to fully understand just how dangerous that these normal, everyday activities really are.

But, again -- by next week, your average citizen will not remember, or even care about, these kidnap-rape-robberies. Stupid people aren't just a danger to themselves -- they're a danger to ALL OF US.
 #109689  by Amy Blackthorn

Met a friend in Middletown at Unreal Vapors. I got a smile and nod from the owner. One of the employees was under the impression that Dover was still off limits for OC. Got to straighten him out.

Will and I hit Los Machados for lunch. Everyone saw it, no one cared.

#109770  by Amy Blackthorn

Went with a close friend to Panera to meet her co-workers. S knows I open carry regularly. I happened to be concealing that day.

While we were discussing the kidnapping rapist, S yells halfway across the room, "Amy, you packin'?" You could have heard a pin drop. Afterward, we had a talk. I explained that since I open carry a lot, the people who know me, know I'm always armed, but if I'm concealed no one needs to know but me, unless there's an emergency, in which case I'll be giving her directions to follow.

#109771  by Kuntryboy816

I've had to have that talk on several occasions... with my kids, with family, with friends... The most recent was at an event at the church my brother attends. Since they don't have their own building yet, they utilize several local schools around the MOT area. They just happened to be using a school w/ a pool to do a baptism service and as we're walking across the campus to the building with the pool, my youngest shouts out, "Daddy shoot those squirrels with your gun for dinner!" :banghead:

...yes, he's had squirrel and yes, he was serious about dinner!
 #109772  by airman1968

Kids... gotta love them. :D
 #109786  by Amy Blackthorn

Went to Movies 5.
Tickets were .50 and the recliners comfortable. Concealed and feeling fine.

Saw Boots in BJs. Went in for blizzard preparation but it was mobbed. I left and came back after the movie.