Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109752  by Wynder

Greetings, folks!

As you can tell by the pretty pink banner at the top of the forums, the time has come for Delaware Open Carry's annual fundraiser.

"But Rob, why are you asking for money on an otherwise free website?" That's a great question! After our first two years of operation, Delaware Open Carry had become so wildly popular and active that our remote host regularly got overwhelmed. That, combined with the general latency and downtime issues made using the site difficult.

So, in 2009, I leased a server. It's a machine over which I have complete administrative control and I'm free to tweak and modify for performance to my heart's content. So, there's the annual lease on that system, the domain name registrations, as well as any other incidentals we may need in terms of additional disk space, memory or bandwidth allotment. I think we can all agree that it's worked out fabulously!

I stand here with hat in hand asking you... if you've enjoy using this site, the community, the fact that we're the only grassroots open carry community in Delaware, please give what you can to support the site. We do this once a year and we ask for it voluntarily so we can keep Delaware Open Carry a free resource.

I hope you'll help support us!

Click Here to Donate

Rob
 #109754  by ScreamingSilence

Think Im first one on the board....and looks like a put a little dent in it.

Glad to help :pbjtime:
 #109755  by Wynder

Thanks so much guys!

These contributions are incredibly helpful!
 #109762  by Owen

I donated to this good cause. Thanks for keeping DELOC rolling!
 #109763  by Wynder

Thanks so much, sir!

Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help keep us going!
 #109813  by Wynder

Thanks so much to NCC for the donation, and to everyone else who has been able to contribute. Your support is greatly appreciated!

At the moment, we're sitting at around $160 -- a little over halfway to our goal! So, if you enjoy the site... if it's brought you knowledge, friendship, or just an interesting waste of time while you're waiting for the work whistle to ring, please consider a donation.

Thank you, ladies and gents!

Rob/Wynder
 #109860  by soundman2345

Glad to be a part of keeping things going. :)
 #109875  by Wynder

Sheetypants wrote:Couldn't donate much but hope it helps.
Every little bit helps, folks.

Thanks so much!!