Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109984  by Owen

I sent the email below to attorney.general@state.de.us
Hello,

I was recently made aware of a possible arrest in Wilmington for open carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle where the handgun was in plain view on the vehicle dash in a dash mounted holster.

What is the lawful method to open carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle in Delaware?

Regards,

Owen
 #109985  by Owen

UPDATE: Turns out the person arrested had a "PFA" order against them and were not allowed to posses firearms.

So I put my dash holster back in place.

Sorry if I overreacted. :oops:
 #109988  by Kuntryboy816

Thanks for the clarification! I don't think you overreacted... if it had turned out to be other than what you found, it would set a very bad precedent for future problems with OC in Delaware. Glad it turned out different but that kind of sucks for the person w/ the PFA.
 #109995  by Amy Blackthorn

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Thanks for the clarification! I don't think you overreacted... if it had turned out to be other than what you found, it would set a very bad precedent for future problems with OC in Delaware. Glad it turned out different but that kind of sucks for the person w/ the PFA.
I disagree. They KNOW they are legally prohibited from having access to firearms. It's protection from abuse. The court obviously felt there was a danger or there would be a protection order in place. I don't feel badly for people who knowingly break the law especially one where abuse has been demonstrated in a court of law.

And before anyone defends "bogus" PFA, the circumstances of the PFA do. It change the fact that this person KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY broke the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #110000  by Kuntryboy816

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:Thanks for the clarification! I don't think you overreacted... if it had turned out to be other than what you found, it would set a very bad precedent for future problems with OC in Delaware. Glad it turned out different but that kind of sucks for the person w/ the PFA.
I disagree. They KNOW they are legally prohibited from having access to firearms. It's protection from abuse. The court obviously felt there was a danger or there would be a protection order in place. I don't feel badly for people who knowingly break the law especially one where abuse has been demonstrated in a court of law.

And before anyone defends "bogus" PFA, the circumstances of the PFA do. It change the fact that this person KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY broke the law.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you! What I meant was that it will suck for Mr. PFA that he's going to catch another charge due to his own stupidity... but yeah, I don't feel sorry for him one bit. The person is told that they are prohibited once the PFA is in place, so it's not like he didn't know.
 #110026  by Amy Blackthorn

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you! What I meant was that it will suck for Mr. PFA that he's going to catch another charge due to his own stupidity... but yeah, I don't feel sorry for him one bit. The person is told that they are prohibited once the PFA is in place, so it's not like he didn't know.
Thanks for clarifying. [emoji175]