Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110751  by Kuntryboy816

croyleje wrote:Hello Everyone, Just wanted to say hi my name is Jason hope to get to know some of you better and wish everyone one a Happy New Year.
Welcome and how do ya do!
 #110774  by Doctor

I was in healthcare for 32+ years, but am now happily retired. My wife and I are the ‘victims’ of two home-invasion attempts (we reside in Sussex County). Upon advice of the Delaware State Police, we purchased a handgun (and then two more). Our first one is a Taurus Judge revolver .410/.45LongColt/45Schofield. Hers is a S&W Lady Smith polished stainless steel revolver .38 caliber; and mine is a S&W 460V Magnum polished stainless steel revolver .460 S&W Magnum/.45LongColt/.454Casull/.45Schofield. The Taurus Judge is sizable, the Lady Smith is light, and easy for her to handle, and the 460V is simply a ‘hand-cannon’. These guns are for home-defense first, and personal-protection second.
Last edited by Doctor on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #110777  by pick_six

Welcome doctor. Congrats on retiring too.

Saw in your other post you to to the veterinary clinic in elsmere. Be careful there. If your a patient. (Personal horror story with father, a disabled vet, and that place)

It may be a good idea to take informal or formal training to learn to run your firearms.

That 460 is an interesting round. A friend uses a SW revolver with a long barrel, offhand I believe 6 or 8 inch, for deer hunting.
Doctor wrote:I was in healthcare for 32+ years, but am now happily retired. My wife and I are the ‘victims’ of two home-invasion attempts (we reside in Sussex County). Upon advice of the Delaware State Police, we purchased a handgun (and then two more). Our first one is a Taurus Judge revolver .410/.45LongCol/45Schofieldt. Hers is a S&W Lady Smith polished stainless steel revolver .38 caliber; and mine is a S&W 460V Magnum polished stainless steel revolver .460 S&W Magnum/.45LongColt/.454Casull/.45Schofield. The Taurus Judge is sizable, the Lady Smith is light, and easy for her to handle, and the 460V is simply a ‘hand-cannon’. These guns are for home-defense first, and personal-protection second.