Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111014  by rosco87

With all the new proposed bans we need to start to become more aggressive in showing our opposition to these. That is why on April 14 there is a Second Amendment rally being planned for in Dover at 1400hrs. Liking a Facebook page or sending an email even making a phone call isn’t working. It’s time to get up from behind that keyboard and actually show up! Too many times have rallies similar to this be planned and maybe 10 people show up and it is really pathetic! We need hundreds there to show up and let us be seen! The time to act is NOW!!
 #111021  by Kuntryboy816

rosco87 wrote:With all the new proposed bans we need to start to become more aggressive in showing our opposition to these. That is why on April 14 there is a Second Amendment rally being planned for in Dover at 1400hrs. Liking a Facebook page or sending an email even making a phone call isn’t working. It’s time to get up from behind that keyboard and actually show up! Too many times have rallies similar to this be planned and maybe 10 people show up and it is really pathetic! We need hundreds there to show up and let us be seen! The time to act is NOW!!
There is a new pro2A Facebook page called Delaware Gun Rights and they are screaming that they don't want any Open Carriers at the Dover March. Kind of ironic that the pro2A group sounds exactly like the anti2A politicians yet can't even see past their own hypocrisy.
 #111022  by adrianspeeder

I just had to leave that group from all the bafoonery they were posting.

Adrianspeeder
 #111027  by Amy Blackthorn

I’ve only see a post or two. I feel bad for the organizer. Sounds like he’s being told if people plan on OCing they won’t grant the permit. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #111028  by NCC

I don't get you people. Since when do you ask? Just show up, you have a right to OC in the state, and even in Dover now a days.

I know that some permit holders have issues with OC, but screw them.

And I say this as a permit holder. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford one, not everyone else is. (Nor NEEDS to in DE!) It does not make your rights less than mine.

No buffoonery here, no Facebook either.
 #111030  by astro_wanabe

First, people are going to be OC'ing at that rally whether the organizers like it or not. Second, the anti-gun media will intentionally select pictures / quotes or simply make them up to promote whatever narrative they want, you CAN NOT win a media war trying to play by their rules, PERIOD.

If they don't want the "Fatty and snow boots" types (I'm sure you've seen the picture by now) to be the only ones OC'ing and getting pictures taken then they need to immediately promote OC of holstered handguns and slung long guns, respect for the 4 rules (not carrying them around in your hands flagging everyone), etc. That way they'll at least have many more "respectable" looking photo ops. That said, back to point 2 above, the media will still either carefully select or create any image necessary to promote their predetermined story line.

Remember the armed protest where they used a heavily edited picture of a guy OC'ing a rifle slung over his shoulder to claim the crowd was a bunch of redneck racists, until the unedited photos and videos came out showing it was a black dude in dress clothes? Again for the ones in back, you CAN NOT win any PR war playing by your opponents' rules.
 #111031  by rosco87

I know the organizer of the rally and he is not the telling people to Not OC. That is other people that have a leadership complex. That page is also censoring their own members for instance I posted a picture with a certain Thomas Jefferson quote and they took it down. Then when a friend of mine questioned them as to why it was removed they removed his comment. But anyways legal OC is welcome and allowed. These baffoons dont know what they are talking about. I will be challenging that tonight as I’m going to post that I will be OC at the rally......stir the bees nest so to speak.
 #111033  by Strelok

I have not post in a while but followed the forum posts. Couldn’t pas this one up.
Look at what left is doing with the last school shooting in Florida. They pay, organize and drag those kids in the streets to march across the country, even though some of them rather be somewhere else. But we (gun owners) are the ones that deeply and passionately care about 2A can’t get our SHIT together and show up in numbers, so the politicians would think twice about their decision if they want to keep their seats. I see this one will fly into law quick as it did in Maryland. RIP Delaware 2A freedoms. It is sad.
 #111036  by Kuntryboy816

@NCC and @astro_wanabe.. I wholeheartedly agree with y'all! I attempted to voice some reason on that page and the know-it-alls decided to start chiming in because they got all butthurt over facts. At the moment, I am merely maintaining an observation post on the page but it is getting very difficult to not speak out against the hypocrisy and "buffoonery" that the page is so rife with.
rosco87 wrote:I will be challenging that tonight as I’m going to post that I will be OC at the rally......stir the bees nest so to speak.
I saw your post and quickly chuckled to myself. I wasn't sure if you were legit asking or if you were kicking the hornets nest! Either way, it was pretty funny. I couldn't find it again so I'm guessing they removed it "for optics." :roll:
 #111038  by Delta2Echo

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
rosco87 wrote:With all the new proposed bans we need to start to become more aggressive in showing our opposition to these. That is why on April 14 there is a Second Amendment rally being planned for in Dover at 1400hrs. Liking a Facebook page or sending an email even making a phone call isn’t working. It’s time to get up from behind that keyboard and actually show up! Too many times have rallies similar to this be planned and maybe 10 people show up and it is really pathetic! We need hundreds there to show up and let us be seen! The time to act is NOW!!
There is a new pro2A Facebook page called Delaware Gun Rights and they are screaming that they don't want any Open Carriers at the Dover March. Kind of ironic that the pro2A group sounds exactly like the anti2A politicians yet can't even see past their own hypocrisy.

No - they didn't say that they don't want open carriers there. They asked that people not open carry. You guys as a whole are missing the point of this. We need to play the game. You show up OCing and carrying ARs and other stuff I've seen in the past, you will hurt the cause overall. This is not a pro-carry rally, be it concealed or open.

Our rights as a whole are being attacked. We are being portrayed as ignorant people that just want to be able to walk around with whatever we want wherever we want. You are turning it into something it's not. Put aside the whole carry aspect as it doesn't have much to do with the fact that they are trying to ban the firearms. You can call me what you want, say whatever you want - I don't care. I'm telling you that if everyone turns this into an OC rally, it will not help stop this bill in any way, shape, or form.

Not that any of you care, but this is part of the reason I've distanced myself from this group. Everyone jumps and screams about being able to OC everywhere. No one is disagreeing with your right to OC. We are asking that for just this one time, you put aside your want to OC to further the fight as a whole against those that want to strip us of our right to even own a firearm.

In addition, if you plan on showing up at the Mall tomorrow for the Q&A openly carrying, it's not going to go well. The mall is private property that is anti-gun. Once you are asked to leave, failure to comply will result in arrest. How do you think it's going to look if a bunch of pro-2A people that show up, even peacefully, start to get arrested because they refuse to leave? It shows that we aren't capable of following the laws. It shows that no matter what, we can't for even one or two events come together to be pro-2A without fulfilling stereotypes.

One fight at a time, guys. With the current climate and SB 163 being introduced and the fear-mongering on the left - a bunch of armed people showing up just isn't going to do anything. That's my thought on it. That's the feeling of pretty much everyone I've spoken to, including those who aren't on our side. IT WILL NOT HELP.

No go ahead and proceed to bash me for trying to get you guys to think beyond OC. I don't care. None of it will matter if this bill passes.