Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111164  by pick_six

found this today. may go some toward explaining the signs you all saw. not sure how it effects those of us with valid non-resident pa license. i am not a lawyer. Edit***sounding like all non Resident is cancelled immediately???

pa is changing how it does reciprocity and recognition of cc permits from other states. especially for out of state residents.

know before you go! sounds like DE folks are outta luck now as DE doesn't have an agreement at this time.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-cont ... ummary.pdf
 #111168  by Kuntryboy816

I just got off the phone with Yvette from the Lancaster County Sherriff's office. She was nice enough to explain the questions that we had and I explained to her that I would pass the info on to those firearm groups that I am a part of.

In regards to the cease and desist of PA LTCF for non-residents, there is a new sherriff in town (cliche') and he has decided that he does not want Lancaster to be involved with the process any more. This may only be a temporary decision and may change in the future but for now the cut off date is 5/31/18 @ 16:00.

Yvette clarified that any new applications and renewals will be processed and valid for the full 5 year term of the license. The license is state issued, not confined to Lancaster county only, thus making any issuance (new/renewal) valid for 5 years and not expressly tied to the end date associated with Lancaster's office.

Tuesday - Thursday is the best time to go due to low foot traffic in their office. Items to bring are you DE CCDW, DE State ID, $20/cash and change for the parking meters. Yvette stated that if you are renewing, it is not necessary for you to have your PA LTCF with you but bring it if you remember. They have your info already in the system and all they do is shred the old LTCF and print you a new one anyway.

Hope this clarifies everything for y'all. Don't forget, it's Lancaster so make a day of it.. visit Shady Maple, take your SO and enjoy the trip! :D
 #111170  by pick_six

kuntry, what you're saying sounds more like what i am reading in other places.

they are eliminating the bank shot permit, delaware getting nr-utah or florida to cover pa. (example only)

at least the pa nr permit isn't crazy expensive, but the multiple trips could be an issue.
 #111171  by Kuntryboy816

California_Exile wrote:Thanks!

But this is only the sheriff of Lancaster County, correct? So those of us who have our PA LTCFs out of Delaware County or some other county are not affected, or might be affected differently?
Correct..you will not be affected in any way and your permits are completely valid according to PA state law. Those permits issued from Lancaster before 5/31/18@16:00 and any other non-res LTCF issued from any of the other 67 Pennsylvania counties are completely valid for their 5 year term until their expiration date. Early renewals are being accepted as well as encouraged at Lancaster until they cease issuance on 5/31 @16:00.

Example: My PA LTCF expires on 7/10/18, well past the shut down date for Lancaster Sherriff's dept. I will renew my PA LTCF probably by the end of April and it will be valid throughout the state of PA (all 67 counties, including Lancaster County) until 2023.

You can still go to any other county that issues non-res permits at any time and apply for a non-res LTCF... just not at Lancaster after 6/1. I am hoping that before my permit expires in 2023 that a national reciprocity occurs, mutual reciprocity w/ DE occurs or Lancaster County Sherriff's department will resume issuance. If none of those happen, there's always Media and Reading unless something changes with either of them in the next 5 years.

pick_six wrote:kuntry, what you're saying sounds more like what i am reading in other places.

they are eliminating the bank shot permit, delaware getting nr-utah or florida to cover pa. (example only)

at least the pa nr permit isn't crazy expensive, but the multiple trips could be an issue.
The information that I posted was directly from the Lancaster County Sheriff's office, not my own interpretations. I am just relaying what Yvette told me during our phone conversation. Take it as that and nothing more, please. I told her that I would relay that info to groups that I am a part of since she stated that they were being inundated with calls of the exact same nature. I'm just trying to help stem the flow of calls going to their office by relaying this info.

IF I recall correctly, PA only honors RESIDENT permits from reciprocal states.. not non-resident permits such as my AZ permit. I could be vastly wrong on this as it's been a while since I read the PA code so forgive me if I am incorrect.
 #111199  by Boots

Kuntryboy816 wrote:IF I recall correctly, PA only honors RESIDENT permits from reciprocal states.. not non-resident permits such as my AZ permit. I could be vastly wrong on this as it's been a while since I read the PA code so forgive me if I am incorrect.
Beginning April 16, 2018 ....
http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf
 #111370  by NCC

Pls tell us the gist, not on Failbook. Thx!