If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #112379  by mark224

I'm new to the area having moved from the People's Republik of Maryland. Will be moving to Middletown area in May 2020. I have a non-resident Utah CCW which I understand is honored by Delaware. So let me get this straight...As long as I'm not a resident of Delaware I can CC with my Utah permit, but the minute I become a "resident" I would be illegal to CC but would be OK to OC.

Couple questions: Does the Utah CCW cover me while I'm in the process of obtaining a Delaware CCDW permit?

Also since Delaware is a "may issue" state what percentages of permits get approved? Any numbers on that? Assuming a clean record of course.

Thanks,
Mark
 #112380  by radnor

mark224 wrote:So let me get this straight...As long as I'm not a resident of Delaware I can CC with my Utah permit, but the minute I become a "resident" I would be illegal to CC but would be OK to OC.
Correct.
mark224 wrote:Couple questions: Does the Utah CCW cover me while I'm in the process of obtaining a Delaware CCDW permit?
I would say NO, as at that point you ARE a Delaware resident as DE ONLY issues to residents of the State.
mark224 wrote:Also since Delaware is a "may issue" state what percentages of permits get approved? Any numbers on that? Assuming a clean record of course.
New transplants have received a permit. But, I think they've been here for more than 12 mos. Since you're just moving to the State (less than 5 years), you'll need a FULL notarized driving record too.

It's an expensive process and a lot of hoops here. But, not as bad as MD seems to be. Training ONCE. Have more questions or looking for a course, call me. I'll PM you my info.
 #112381  by Boots

Looks like Radnor covered this one pretty well! :applause: :applause: