Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #163  by stephpd

The site looks good but I'm having a hard time getting my avatar small enough to fit. Tryed cutting down the size using a lower quality but still can't get it down to 4kb and the auto scaler isn't helping. Haven't had this problem on other sites and don't want to create a new one just for here.

Also was wondering if it's possible to add to the smilies. Have seen some really good ones elsewhere, got a couple here that I haven't seen before. :oops:
 #164  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:The site looks good but I'm having a hard time getting my avatar small enough to fit. Tryed cutting down the size using a lower quality but still can't get it down to 4kb and the auto scaler isn't helping. Haven't had this problem on other sites and don't want to create a new one just for here.
I had to "modify" my avatar that I use on ALL the other forums just to make it "legal" for here, too. I tried changing the resolution and pixel dimensions, but that didn't help the file size.... Turns out the file TYPE seems to be the key: What worked for me was to save my original avatar file as a gif instead of a jpg. I would have figured the compressed jpg would be smaller, but it's not. So, save it as a gif and see what happens.

(Or, you can send me the file and I'll mess w/ it.)

FYI: I went from a 15kb file size down to 5kb just by switching it to a gif from a jpg. Go figure.
 #177  by dave_in_delaware

I see you got it to work. Yea! :ugeek:

So, what did you have to do to make it cooperate?
 #184  by Wynder

I'll bump up the size of the avatar allowance -- it's set fairly small by default.

Also, if you have some smiley's you want added, let me know and I"ll do that as well.
 #187  by stephpd

Changed it to a gif like you said and had to resize it a couple of times to get it down to 4kb
 #188  by Wynder

Okay, max dimensions now 150x150 and 25k is the max size.
 #190  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:Okay, max dimensions now 150x150 and 25k is the max size.
Oh, sure.... NOW you go ahead and change it... ;)
 #191  by Wynder

Squeaky wheel theory, man! You gotta complain, THEN I fix stuff. ;p