Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #408  by Wynder

I know Dave had gotten one number from a guy in Dover -- I think Stephpd had four of them... I was wondering if you guys would mind posting the names and numbers of the lawyers you have so that we might be able to make a sticky here. It'd be nice for everyone to carry their name and number in their wallet.
 #409  by Wynder

It would be nice to put them on these:
 #411  by Mr. Bruce

This is the guy's name I got. Another lawyer recommended him and he said he was the gun expert in Delaware.

Levine & Thompson
1205 King Street
Wilmington, DE 19801

P: 302-658-3070
F: 302-658-3031

Email: lawman515@aol.com
Delaware Bar Admission date: 1976
 #412  by Wynder

Mr. Bruce wrote: P: 302-658-3070
F: 302-658-3031
Okay... gotta ask here... What the hell are P and F?
 #420  by Mr. Bruce

I wrote the to the lawyer I posted on this thread. The following is a copy of the E-mails.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Mr. Bruce. I was referred to you by Mark Sisk. Mark's office told me you were the "gun expert" in Delaware. I Open Carry a firearm in the State of Delaware. I have a few questions for you. First, is it true that you specialize in gun laws in Delaware? If so, if I ever have a problem would you consider representing me and what are your fees? I also belong to a group in Delaware who are active in Open Carry. We've had some questions that have needed clarification about laws pertaining to Delaware. Would you be willing to answer questions posed by me and what would be the fee for this service, or, if our group got together would you consider meeting us and answering questions?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Mr. Bruce

The following is his E-mail reply.

"I am president of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association which is the official NRA state association in Delaware. I also serve as a lobbyist for gun rights. Personally and as an organization we approach the issue of open carry cautiously. Open carry frequently attracts unwanted attention from law enforcement and others; this attention often results in an arrest. It is my fear that frequent and widespread open carry would provoke one or more well meaning legislators to attempt to enact legislation to regulate(ban) open carry. We would see efforts to create a long list of places where firearms could not be carried whether open or concealed. I do not believe that my position is unduly cautious but instead is based on many years of dealing with our elected officials.

John Thompson"

You decide if you would use that guy. I don't think he approves at all of OC.
 #421  by Wynder

What boggles my mind is that he thinks the legislation can regulate where people can and cannot carry when there's state preemption prohibiting it.

Sometimes I wonder if lawyers know what they're talking about (which sounds kind of pretentious, I know), but still.
Mr. Bruce wrote:I wrote the to the lawyer I posted on this thread. The following is a copy of the E-mails.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Mr. Bruce. I was referred to you by Mark Sisk. Mark's office told me you were the "gun expert" in Delaware. I Open Carry a firearm in the State of Delaware. I have a few questions for you. First, is it true that you specialize in gun laws in Delaware? If so, if I ever have a problem would you consider representing me and what are your fees? I also belong to a group in Delaware who are active in Open Carry. We've had some questions that have needed clarification about laws pertaining to Delaware. Would you be willing to answer questions posed by me and what would be the fee for this service, or, if our group got together would you consider meeting us and answering questions?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Mr. Bruce

The following is his E-mail reply.

"I am president of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association which is the official NRA state association in Delaware. I also serve as a lobbyist for gun rights. Personally and as an organization we approach the issue of open carry cautiously. Open carry frequently attracts unwanted attention from law enforcement and others; this attention often results in an arrest. It is my fear that frequent and widespread open carry would provoke one or more well meaning legislators to attempt to enact legislation to regulate(ban) open carry. We would see efforts to create a long list of places where firearms could not be carried whether open or concealed. I do not believe that my position is unduly cautious but instead is based on many years of dealing with our elected officials.

John Thompson"

You decide if you would use that guy. I don't think he approves at all of OC.
 #422  by Wynder

Maybe reply and ask for a referral for someone who might be willing to defend us?
 #423  by radnor

I think John is discouraging against OC so that the amendments that were added to the bill are not just introduced.

Back in 2006, it was proposed Delaware become a SHALL issue state.
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs ... /1006/NEWS

Here is the original link to the House Bill: http://legis.delaware.gov/lis/lis143.ns ... endocument

Then the amendments came.....

Read some of them. Shooting proficiency test. Want them to FU%K us real good. They can make it a quarter size group at 25 yds. Cant carry in a taproom or tavern. Will this include ANY place where you "COULD" have a drink EVEN with your dinner? Churches and places of warship would be off limits. MUST inform officer your packing PLUS this would be apart of their records when you are pulled over for a traffic violation.

Most of the amendments came from Ms. Marshall (I think Bear area). The only thing we can do is when her term is up, :toilet: And get someone in there who is more gun friendly.

Another listing.... http://www.newszap.com/articles/2006/05 ... /dsn03.txt
 #428  by dave_in_delaware

It sure would be a good thing if we can find a lawyer that can help us w/ the OC stuff here, especially if we get arrested and not charged with anything. Maybe we should contact one of these lawyers and see if they'd like to do some sort of "group" deal or pre-paid thing? It'sa just a thought, that way we can be covered. And I like that card idea to give to the police.

Here is the contact info I got from someone in the NRA-ILA from Grassroots Virginia. I was told that this lawyer deals w/ gun laws in Delaware:

Thomas Barnett
Georgetown, DE
855-9252

... Upon further research, here's more info:

Barnett Thomas David Hunter Esq.
512 E Market St
Georgetown, DE 19947
Local: 302-855-9252
Email: tdhblawyer@aol.com

I don't know if the email is valid, but the phone number should still work. I thought I had a URL for the law firm's website, but I can't find one.

Hope this helps.