If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #42309  by Jeepflexin

OC'd there with the wife and kiddo before Christmas. While the wife was shopping me and my daughter were entertaining ourselves and one of the clerks stopped and was making small talk with me about my daughter. Another clerk stopped by who happened to be a customer of mine and formally intro'd me to the first clerk and made a comment to the effect of "Pete has been my mechanic for a long time, great guy blah blah blah" the first clerk responded with a yeah I can see he must be into all sorts of things with that hardware on his hip. i just smiled and said well it is a dangerous world and this gives me the peace of mind to know I'll get my family home. She smiled and mentioned there are nights when they are closing up she wishes someone like me was around, choosing not to explain to her my position on helping the helpless I just smiled and my daughter and I went to catch up with my wife.

At check out both clerks were ringing us up and the first one mentioned that her and her daughter had talked about checking out buying a gun. I'm usually pretty unapproachable unless you now me or I want to be approached but for some reason I decided to talk to this lady about firearms. Long story short I gave her a business card (to my shop) and and offer to meet me at the range sometime and I'd introduce her to safe firearm handling and shooting.

My wife thought is was a nice gesture and it was good to have a positive encounter while OC'ing with the family.

Hey Amy you should drop me off some cards and maybe I can put this lady in touch with you instead for firearm training....When/IF she calls.