If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #42639  by dave_in_delaware

bluedog46 wrote:... ( not meaning crapholes but not greenville delaware either).
Just FYI: I work just north of Greenville so I drive through there all the time, and I also conduct business around that area at times. Yes, there are some more "upscale" stores, etc, but the area is hardly fancy. Plus, we looked into Greenville Place apartments a little over a year ago. One would think being in Greenville would mean those apartments were pretty nice, right? Wrong. They were run down and looking exactly like when they were built originally in 1947. Scary.

Greenville just looks upscale. It really isn't a ritzy area IMHO. There might be some ritzy stores and big houses, but it isn't all that fancy deep-down.
 #42655  by wwd

bluedog46 wrote:...I am suprised most convienience stores dont, but i think there is a corporate policy.
The belief is to not jeopardize lives for convenience store goods, so carrying is not allowed. Think about it. If some employee wounded/killed a customer by mistake, they'd be out of busn. So it's good for business, bad for the individual. It's an individual choice work there or not work there.

My experience: In my youth I worked at one and was robbed at gunpoint - a 357, shaking, 12" from my face. I couldn't have drawn on him had I been armed. And later having the chance, yet still being alive, I figured I wasn't gonna get shot. So, in this particular incident, carrying would not have changed anything. And, it's not my goods being taken.
 #42660  by dave_in_delaware

This is why I won't be a security guard or armored car guard. No amount of hourly pay is worth risking MY life for someone else's money/products.
 #42689  by bluedog46

wwd wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:...I am suprised most convienience stores dont, but i think there is a corporate policy.
The belief is to not jeopardize lives for convenience store goods, so carrying is not allowed. Think about it. If some employee wounded/killed a customer by mistake, they'd be out of busn. So it's good for business, bad for the individual. It's an individual choice work there or not work there.

My experience: In my youth I worked at one and was robbed at gunpoint - a 357, shaking, 12" from my face. I couldn't have drawn on him had I been armed. And later having the chance, yet still being alive, I figured I wasn't gonna get shot. So, in this particular incident, carrying would not have changed anything. And, it's not my goods being taken.

good point, but the ba**ards are killing you even if you cooperate. Before they just take the money and run but you hear about this all the time. I mostly mean mom and pop shops
 #42717  by WPCatfish

bluedog46 wrote: I am suprised most convienience stores dont, but i think there is a corporate policy.
Corporate policy regarding compliance with an outlaw's request is fairly common. In training videos I've sat through for restaurants, ice cream shops etc, they say to tell the bandit how many employees there are and to call the other employees to come out of hiding slowly. That was actually where a restaurant manager told me he heard a story where the employees complied and the bandits stuck their heads in a Hobart and turned it on...

I've also heard (anecdotally) stories of employees who resist successfully being terminated...