If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #44459  by Boots

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Boots wrote:Why just OCers? Are OCers somehow more dangerous than CCers?
If you are properly CCing a gun, no one would know!!!
Isn't that obvious?

So, what good reason for disarming someone carrying OC wouldn't also apply to someone carrying CC?
 #44460  by dave_in_delaware

Boots wrote:Isn't that obvious?

So, what good reason for disarming someone carrying OC wouldn't also apply to someone carrying CC?
There is no good reason to disarm any lawfully carrying citizen. At least not that I can think of....
 #44470  by GatorDude

Agreed, Dave. Apparently, having a visible gun would be a problem to this bar owner though... I would think such a bar owner would have a "no firearms" policy but that they would only "enforce" it if they could see the firearm.

Again, a place I would not frequent.
 #44478  by Dr. Eastwood

dave_in_delaware wrote:Do you mean checked as in "Oh, that's a nice Glock you have there. Please enjoy your drinks." or "You can't bring that inside. Please disarm and take this receipt. When you're finished, you can have your gun back." ?? If it's the second one, you can be sure I would leave and NOT visit that bar again.
Disarming people is not what I'd be interested in, too much hassle and I don't want to be responsible for your guns. Letting your server know if they aren't aware you're carrying would be a courteous thing to do before she starts serving you Jaeger-bombs and shots.
dave_in_delaware wrote:
Dr. Eastwood wrote:You can assume that most people would be responsible enough not to get piss drunk with a weapon on their persons, but I wouldn't risk that.
That's a big assumption in today's society. Common sense isn't too common. But I know our DELOC members would be responsible!
Hence the reason why they'd all get 20% off and complimentary drinks when they show a DELOC insignia. I think I'll be nice and stack that too, so vets and public safety could get up to 40% off if they supported DELOC! :D
 #44488  by dave_in_delaware

Dr. Eastwood wrote:Disarming people is not what I'd be interested in, too much hassle and I don't want to be responsible for your guns. Letting your server know if they aren't aware you're carrying would be a courteous thing to do before she starts serving you Jaeger-bombs and shots.
It's the server's job to serve customers drinks and watch for public intoxication, NOT to make the advanced judgement that she shouldn't serve someone because they are armed. That sounds like discrimination to me....
Dr. Eastwood wrote:Hence the reason why they'd all get 20% off and complimentary drinks when they show a DELOC insignia. I think I'll be nice and stack that too, so vets and public safety could get up to 40% off if they supported DELOC! :D
That's mighty generous of you!