If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #54137  by Dr. Eastwood

I made my weekly trip to the liquor store in College Square shopping center. I've become such a regular in there no one seems to notice. This time was different. As I was paying for my purchases, a heavyset lady in her 40's walked up behind me. I turned to leave and she cackled at me "Who still give their officers those types of guns?" (referring to my 6-inch 686P). "I'm not an officer ma'am". Her eyes visibly widened when I told her this. "You have a permit for that gun right?". I keep my response a simple "No". By this point she's sputtering. "You can't do that!". "Why not, I'm following the law.". "No you're not! That's illegal!", "Ma'am, I can assure you it's.." And she cut me off so she could start ranting, which I'll try to paraphrase the best I can. "You gun people are all the same, criminals with guns and criminals with guns are the problem in this country why would you want to have them?". (I'm really trying my best not to get flustered) "Ma'am I don't appreciate being called a criminal, law-abiding citizens can carry open carry firearms, and they're not "the problem". If you're so concerned about other people with guns why don't you get one your self" Absolutely horrified with this suggestion, she replied "Because then I'd be part of the problem".

Trying not to laugh, and get angry at the same time, I replied in the calmest voice "So you're saying you're a criminal?", and before she could reply, I turned heel and walked out of the store.

I'm proud of myself. Usually I can't think to say those things until after the conversation's over. But this lady nearly got me to boil over. I should've waited to see if her car had a Brady campaign sticker on it or something, barring that maybe an autism ribbon. (joke in bad taste I know!)
 #54145  by bluedog46

funny :D
 #54153  by allischalmersman

Very well handled. Like you, I am the type of person that cannot think of smart things to say until after the conversation. I get hot, and wind up just walking away. I dont handle verbal encounters very well. This is one reason I choose not to OC. That, and I cant find a retention holster to fit my firearm lol
 #54174  by NormH3

Dr. Eastwood wrote: "You have a permit for that gun right?". I keep my response a simple "No".

Perhaps the proper response to this should have been "YES"

Then you whip out your copy of the Delaware law that states you have the legal right.

Now that gives me an idea...I wonder if it could be printed on a T-Shirt?
 #54175  by myopicvisionary

"Yes I do, Article 1, sec. 20."
"So you're saying you're a criminal?",
Good one!
 #55041  by KEVIN

i like the one i read on here a couple days ago...."why do you carry that thing". answer..."same reason you have car insurance". :applause: :pbjtime: :applause:
 #55048  by Amy Blackthorn

georgie c wrote:i have a reply ready if i ever need it . I AM IN THE PESONAL SECURITY BUSSINESS. ITS MY PERSON , MY SECURITY , AND MY BUSSINESS.
Nice, very nice.
 #55049  by Amy Blackthorn

KEVIN wrote:i like the one i read on here a couple days ago...."why do you carry that thing". answer..."same reason you have car insurance". :applause: :pbjtime: :applause:
Thanks Kevin. :)