If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #90980  by Kuntryboy816

How it reads:

For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where ONLY OUR ANTI-GUN PATRONS should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers.

How it should read:

For those who OPPOSE "open carry," please respect that Starbucks stores are places where EVERYONE should feel relaxed and comfortable. The lack of a presence of a lawfully owned/carried weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers who champion “open carry.”
 #90983  by WVisHome

It sounded like they were really trying to walk the line here, and I think some are overreacting.

One sentence they say "We are requesting customers not bring weapons into our stores."

Then they go on to say "We will serve all (including carrying) customers as usual, and do not confront carrying customer or ask them to leave".....and "We do not want our partners to communicate (no GFZ signs) or ENFORCE this request".

Sounds like they're saying "Our official position is, we don't want guns in our stores...BUT, if you bring one in, we'll serve you and won't ask you to leave."
 #90986  by SigGirl

WVisHome wrote:It sounded like they were really trying to walk the line here, and I think some are overreacting.

One sentence they say "We are requesting customers not bring weapons into our stores."

Then they go on to say "We will serve all (including carrying) customers as usual, and do not confront carrying customer or ask them to leave".....and "We do not want our partners to communicate (no GFZ signs) or ENFORCE this request".

Sounds like they're saying "Our official position is, we don't want guns in our stores...BUT, if you bring one in, we'll serve you and won't ask you to leave."
That's the impression that I get. I'll still go in there and I will still carry. Making other customers feel comfortable is NOT my concern.
 #90987  by Taurus247

In an interview, CEO Howard Schultz said the decision to ask customers to stop bringing guns into stores came as a result of the growing frequency of "Starbucks Appreciation Days," in which gun rights advocates turned up at Starbucks cafes with firearms.
Schultz said the events mischaracterized the company's stance on the issue and the demonstrations "have made our customers uncomfortable."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/18/st ... z2fFdPhTU4

So not a Thank you to everyone who continued to support us, instead its OUR fault for helping them and showing them we are on THEIR side. Well then like DSG you really shown your colors and will be treated as such.
 #90994  by bmel17

WPCatfish wrote:Bottom line "We don't like your guns, or want your guns, but we won't ask you to leave because we still want your money."
Basically. They're taking a stand, without taking a stand.

Trying to make both groups happy is still going to piss in many people's cheerios.
 #90998  by Boots

WPCatfish wrote:Sounds like their 'stand' is pretty much the same position they've had to begin with, but they're trying to spin it so the Antis are happier.
I disagree.

Before, they took a neutral position and defaulted to local law. Now, they have taken an anti-gun position.
 #91000  by MrCoolDale

Plenty of you will hate my position on this when I say: we brought this on ourselves. Open carrying shotguns and AR's serves no benefit to our open carry cause. It is a shock factor that will cause more people to move against us. People who didn't care one way or another are against open carry, now that they see it applies to long guns as well.

This is a point I've been making for quite a while, and people just say "it's our right." Sure, it IS our right, but it's not necessary to make our point. Open carrying a pistol is largely invisible to public. It says, "I'm just like you." Yet open carrying an AR says, "I'm ready for war." You guys can pick this apart, but this is what the public sees.

In this case, it's what Starbucks sees. While CSGV, MAIG, and MDA, were fighting Starbucks on their policy to follow local law, all we had to do was sit back and shutup. For years Starbucks stuck to their policy, or lack there of in ths case. The only thing that changed between then and now is a bunch of people showing up for Starbucks appreciation day. I was first upset that the left couldn't leave Starbucks alone, they had to politicize everything. When the gun-rights crowd decided to get in on the action and force Starbucks to make a decision, we all lost.

This is what the left does. They hound on a subject until they're blue in the face, the. They do it some more. They make us our own worst enemies through division, indecision, and "optics." The left tends to grab the people on the fence because they pretend to be more inviting.

We can expect to see a big push to stop open carry very soon. I can assure you that open carrying a rifle to church in Easter will not help us.