Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
  by Dugan

Anyone have this on theirs?

My 4.25" barrel 9mm isnt bad, but the new shield we picked up has a lot of grittyness in the trigger and catches it feels like, it also has a VERY heavy trigger. This has been causing a lack of precision when firing.

Anyone have this mod, or suggest it? Does it shorten the throw of the Shield?
  by Owen

The grit could be leftovers from manufacturing. You said it is brand new? It might just need to be broken in for the trigger pull to lighten a bit.
  by Dugan

Owen wrote:The grit could be leftovers from manufacturing. You said it is brand new? It might just need to be broken in for the trigger pull to lighten a bit.
Yea thats kind of what I was thinking.

I saw a few vids, but I was trying to get peoples thoughts on it that might have it. Is it worth it?
  by Owen

Dugan wrote:
Owen wrote:The grit could be leftovers from manufacturing. You said it is brand new? It might just need to be broken in for the trigger pull to lighten a bit.
Yea thats kind of what I was thinking.

I saw a few vids, but I was trying to get peoples thoughts on it that might have it. Is it worth it?
Understood. The shield I shot had a heavier trigger pull also and it was not new. I think small carry guns may just have a heavier trigger as part of their design philosophy.
  by laxplayer2

Check to see if it is Massachusetts compliant ( shld be on the box or u may be able to reach it with the S/N) I read somewhere they mandate 10 lbs trigger . Verify with Viper on that he shld def know.
  by Boots

Owen wrote:The grit could be leftovers from manufacturing. You said it is brand new? ....
Why would you be shooting a gun that hasn't been stripped down, flushed with solvent (I use WD-40), dried, and properly oiled/lubed?

That's the first thing I do with a 'new' gun ... pre-owned, or not.

"New from the factory" usually means coated with a rust-preventive, not clean and lubricated.